Preparing bespoke courses, post-project support and dissemination
Short courses on environmental economics // Natural capital training for accountants // Communicating key messages
Through this service, we can help our clients answer questions like the following:
- Is there a short course where I could learn about environmental economics / economic valuation / cost benefit analysis / environmental liability directive / REACH legislation?
- Can you design a communication plan for the end of our project?
Here are some examples of the bespoke in-person / online training events we organised and ran:
- Finance and Environment Ministry officials in Commonwealth countries through a workshop series on economic valuation and appraisal organised by the Commonwealth Secretariat
- Economic valuation and appraisal training workshops for economists from Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, Environment Agency, Joint Nature Conservation Committee Marine Team, Natural England, Health and Safety Executive and Forestry Commission and UK water company investment planners
- Introduction to environmental economics for the project appraisal teams at the European Investment Bank, economists and other scientists at the Mexican Ministry of Environment and various under- and post-graduate courses
- Workshops on the use of socio-economic analysis for REACH Authorisation and Restrictions to the chemicals industry
We have also written a range of guidance documents and publications for national and international agencies on conducting appraisal, undertaking economic valuation, and on making the case for environmental protection and mitigating environmental damage.
As part of our project delivery, we regularly organise stakeholder workshops throughout and at the end of projects, as well as prepare briefing notes, journal / industry publications articles and presentations.
Some of our clients for this service include:
Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (Defra), Environment Agency, Commonwealth Secretariat, European Commission, European Environment Bureau, European Chemical Industry Council (Cefic), Ministry of Environment and Urbanisation (Turkey) and Landscape Institute
Contact Person: Ece Ozdemiroglu